• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Problem: Lose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djsimard

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Wrap your minds around this, as I'm eager to hear some comments:

I have a company that can absorb a 3M US tax profit. My company could be made a JV partner in a land development deal {i.e., it could be others but lets stick to land development), the profit flows to my company. If taxed at the rate of 25% (and it may be more) the initial savings is 750,000 my company can then forward the funds to a new company subject to retaining 300K US. Thus, the company would have 2.7M tax paid...in its hands. We then give the shares of the new company to my original JV partner.

pls comment.
thanks.

abezon

If you've got $3M to play with, hire a tax attorney to set up this complicated maneuver. At least you can sue for malpractice if it goes sour.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">