• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oreoiniowa

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Iowa. My brother-in-law is serving time in prison, as a result his three children were adopted by another family member. My brother in law is trying to get an appeal, if he should receive an appeal and receives a not-guilty verdict will he be able to get custody of his children, which would negate the adoption of the children?

Seanscott

Adoptions are permanent & irrevocable. If the children were adopted LEGALLY through the courts, he will have a very slim chance (if any chance) of getting them back.

O

oreoiniowa

Thank you.

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it, because this issue has had all of us concerned for the children's sake, as they are settling into a new home and environment, it would be a tragedy at this time or in the future for them to be uprooted and moved again.

We thought if he was found not-guilty that he would have a good chance of having the adoption un-done, because he would not be considered a felon.

Again, thank you.

Oreo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">