• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ok just one question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deel

What is the name of your state? NH

I have been married for 16 years my husband is self employed ' antique buisness for 15 years according to irs he has not made over $15000 we split up because of little financial help.that year he purchased numerous things $100000 beach cottege, $25000 Harley SuperBowl vacations and time off are constant Upon speaking with a lawyer she said that tax accountants and private investigators would be needed but is gung ho about the case. No offense to any lawyers out there but I am a little paranoid.I've got apx $15000 from a 401K would I be throwing it away or should I go after the B. I know his beach house is in his name the bike I think is registered under the guys name he bought it off of. The antiques and there are lots are stored in his parents home and I know he'll say they are his family's. I supported this guy for many years with a job that I have lost and this is driving me nuts. He also told me he bought his sister and brothers share of the family home which I just discovered is titled to a trust. Just for somemore insight a painting that him and his brother purchased sold for 300,000 dollars there was quite a dramatic scene when the money came in to hands and he told me that it was pretty much his brothers painting so he received nothing.

deel

whats the question??

Veronica, Maybe more than 1 question

Sorry I get on a roll and lose track. Question is since I was the major supporter for years, would I be able to get 1/2 of his assetts we are not legally seperated , would it be my attorneys responsibility to try to uncover hidden assetts and should I pursue full force ???? Would a judge see that there was money coming from somewhere ?another attorney sounded discouraged and finds that "antique dealers" are hard to disect and said it could cost thousands of dollars. I figured someone out there might have had a similiar problem I have searched past posts but found nothing. Similiar to the wife of an MD seeing him through med school but mine has no paper trail.

VeronicaGia

Your attorney can file motions to produce documentation, however you need to be careful here. You said you were the one who provided most of the support....your soon to be ex could ask for alimony from you.

As to his assets, if they are already owned with someone else (his brother??) I don't know how all that would work out.

Sorry, I'm not much help here, hopefully someone else will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">