• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need straight up answer !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patrickS

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Can my x file any type of papers to change a simplified dissolution of marriage settlement agreement judgement? concerning the primary residential parent after we have lived together for convienience reasons?

C

cd52381

If the Dissolution is already done and over I don't think there's much your X can do. UNLESS, there is something stipulated in the Divorce Decree that leaves the custody issue left OPEN for possible dispute in the future, I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you're living with your X because of extenuating circumstances and you're afraid she'll complain to the court then she shouldn't let you live with her--she's just as much at fault. In most divorce agreements it's stipulated that the 2 parties live seperately--if you're living together that's your business and not the court's. The same thing happened to my parents about 14 years ago when they were seperated and started living together again but he didn't have primary custody of the kids.

I don't know if this clears anything up for you but that's my answer to your question if it helps any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">