• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recently separated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sukaki3

What is the name of your state? illinois after 18 yrs of marriagehusband left me for someone else. has been gone 1 month and recently opened a new checking account with his friend. his paycheck is direct deposited in new account. we are sharing financial responsibilites, his house,car truck,etc; mine small household bills. what legal rights do i have ? should i contact an attorney/

B

Brock Westfield

Yes, dear, contact an attorney. I've recently been placed in the same boat when my wife left me after 4 years of marriage. I am currently in the process of filing for divorce for "desertion". She left me thus ending the marriage. My attorney is also looking into compensation for me in the form of a portion of her pension, stock options, and the like. Your future attorney will explain it all to you!

May you to granted the very best of luck in your quest! Hang in there! Each day will get a little better! It is for me! If it's any consolation, relationships that are based on deception (Your husband and his friend) never, never last. Eventually, their world will crumble!!!!! HOO-rayyy!!!

Keep your chin up....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">