• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there ANY way to do it with out lawyers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

candicemadison

What is the name of your state? CA. Hello I live in CA, My friend lives in Las Vegas. She can not take care of her new baby, we have agree to adopt her 1 month old baby. We wish to get what ever paper work is needed to do it a finalize it. We really dont want a lawyer. We have read things about "we the people" dounment services and they have an adoption package. Has anyone thought about useing it or hear anything about it? Really I know it is best to have a lawyer BUT is it possible to aviod it? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME> thank you sincerly Candice :)

B

Boxcarbill

candicemadison said:
What is the name of your state? CA. Hello I live in CA, My friend lives in Las Vegas. She can not take care of her new baby, we have agree to adopt her 1 month old baby. We wish to get what ever paper work is needed to do it a finalize it. We really dont want a lawyer. We have read things about "we the people" dounment services and they have an adoption package. Has anyone thought about useing it or hear anything about it? Really I know it is best to have a lawyer BUT is it possible to aviod it? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME> thank you sincerly Candice :)
Of course it is possible for you to handle your own legal affairs without a lawyer just as it's possible to handle your own surgery without a doctor.

nextwife

do it yourself adoption

We did our daughter's Re Adoption (final first in eastern europe) here without an attorney, but that was considered final in her birth country before we idid the readopt. I would be very cautious about doing this without an attorney. First, be certain to not only have the bfather also relinquish, but to perhaps have a DNA test to PROVE he is the biodad. I know of a reversed adoption where the bmom lied about the birthdad, the guy who had been told he was birthdad relinquished, and bmom eventually got back together with REAL bdad. They were able to reverse the adoption because the actual DNA birthdad had not been the one who relinquished. Yikes!

A good adoption attorney should be able to cover all basses and be certain the adoption is as ironclad as can be done. THe future of your future child is at stake. Take no risks!

Best wishes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">