• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer wont help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

camero94

What is the name of your state? ga. i need to know if i can fire and hire a lawyer two weeks before sentenced. i hired and paid my lawyer in full. but he has not been representing me the way i feel he should. he does not answer any of my letters or calls. he has missed 3 of my court dates in which the first i had to sit in jail untill he arrived. now iam incarcerated awaiting my trial and he still has not shown any concern for my defence. he never tells me or my family what is going on. and has lied twice to my wife. he advised me not to be at home when i was on intense probation he was informed the us marshalls were on the way to my house to pick me up and take me to sc detention center for a failed drug test. so i ran, yes i know it was wrong but i cant change that now. i was picked up in florida and i am looking at alot of time. thay keep changing my psi and its gone from 10 to 14 to now 16 years and my lawyer has done nothing to help fight for me at all he has not proved to my wife of any work he has done so far. never sends documentation of any kind. never returns calls or informs her of my court dates and answered questions she has been trying to get from him for the last 9 months . he has not worked for the money he was paid and i want to now can i get my money or even some of it back and hire another good lawyer from another state . because it is evident he is working with the judge and is sending me off himself without the help from a jury

Z

zappy

for a failed drug test. so i ran

You will NEVER get it, you dont leave SC knowing you failed the test, and force the police to spend valuable time and money bringing you to justice.

Plus you are not being repentant, saying your guilty and sorry, so they just keep adding up the time.

You will NEVER learn just how EASY it is to catch stupid criminals in America, The TV show COPS is really the truth, hey man i gotz no id!! so where did you get the 100 lottery tickets in your pocket?

S

Son_of_Spam

working with the judge?

You think? Like hanging out at the bar together and stuff like that? I would guess you havn't payed your lawer enough to care. Do the crime and you have to pay one way or another.

C

camero94

$20.000 for lawyer to care

$20.000 should be enough for my lawyer to care and act like a real lawyer. come on oj killed two people and walked, i get in to trouble for drug charges, and iam looking at 16 years. man real fair!! i asked a question and that is what i want from you people, a answer!! iam sick of all these people posting stupid remarks that dont help me!! stop wasting everyone time, who needs good advice .

HomeGuru

Re: $20.000 for lawyer to care

camero94 said:
$20.000 should be enough for my lawyer to care and act like a real lawyer. come on oj killed two people and walked, i get in to trouble for drug charges, and iam looking at 16 years. man real fair!! i asked a question and that is what i want from you people, a answer!! iam sick of all these people posting stupid remarks that dont help me!! stop wasting everyone time, who needs good advice .

**A: you are not as famous as OJ and you have not paid the big bucks to hire top lawyers like Johnny C., so do not compare yourself to OJ. OJ is a big loser anyway.

C

camero94

$20.000 for lawyer to care

zappy said:
for a failed drug test. so i ran

You will NEVER get it, you dont leave SC knowing you failed the test, and force the police to spend valuable time and money bringing you to justice.

Plus you are not being repentant, saying your guilty and sorry, so they just keep adding up the time.

You will NEVER learn just how EASY it is to catch stupid criminals in America, The TV show COPS is really the truth, hey man i gotz no id!! so where did you get the 100 lottery tickets in your pocket?
what in the hell are you talking about? i did not leave sc i left ga, and that is the their job they get paid for it hello!!and as far as stupid, you cant even answer my question . thats because you dont know how, so why are you wasting everyones time by saying rude, mean and un professional answers? get a real job and get off this forum. you did not even ask me why i was picked up in the first place.

C

camero94

Re: Re: $20.000 for lawyer to care

HomeGuru said:
camero94 said:

**A: you are not as famous as OJ and you have not paid the big bucks to hire top lawyers like Johnny C., so do not compare yourself to OJ. OJ is a big loser anyway.
your right!! and thanks for not answering with a rude and un helpful remark. i appreciate it. :p

M

MandaBear

Back to the original question. . .

If I remember correctly, you can fire your attorney because of incompetence (not because you suspect him and the judge of working together to put you away), you may be able to get a hold on the proceedings until adequate legal representation can be obtained. You may even be able to get a mis-trial, but that is probably wishful thinking.
Later on, you can try a civil suit against your attorney and his firm for your money back. But to do any of these things, you have to prove that he was not acting in your best intrest.
But if nothing else fire him and find someone else fast. Maybe they can help you out more than an advice forum.

I wish I could have found a website to give you to support what I said, but I couldn't. This is only what I think I remember from looking at Iowa's laws, not Georgia's. Give it a try, find a lawyer to give you an initial consultation for free and see what happens. Best of luck---you so shouldn't have run, though.

D

danland29

The only hope you will ever have is reporting him to the state bar first, first No matter what they tell you...... Just get the proof and tell them ... It obvious if the judge does not appoint an attorney he probably is involved or doesnt give a ****..... Either way the state will investigate . Call the state bar in the state your in.... and GET DETAILED....... Tape Calls , get **** from Radio shack anything ,,, you must do whatever you have to prove they LIE ..... CAUSE THEY DO.. Its all the same in or out. They lie and get away with it.....For Judges in your state bar they have a judicial complaint department. Say nothing. Request a replacement for representation. and refuse to speak NOMATTER WHAT NO MATTER >>>>>>>>DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING AND WAIT TILL YOU HEAR SOMEONE YOUR ATTNY MAKE SENSE>>> IF NOT DONT SAY ****.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">