• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter=Warrant? Yes or no?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickscitygirl

What is the name of your state? KY

My husband got a credit check done on himself in order for us to know what to work on in order to buy a house. He found out his ex wife had a dr bill she didnt pay for an used his name as the responsible person for that bill (even after they were divorced). Now this is on his credit report. We sent her a letter asking her to take care of this for her own credit sake and that we would call the Dr office get it straightened out and off my husband's credit report. Well since then she has told people that since we sent her that letter she is getting a warrant for us for harrassment. But we didnt send a bad letter or harrassing letter just simply a letter asking will you pay this 100 so it will be taken care of .. Can she get a warrant for that? is that harrassment because it surely wasnt meant to be and that was not any intentions. We just want to get our credit straightened up to get a house of our own.

B

Boxcarbill

rickscitygirl said:
What is the name of your state? KY

My husband got a credit check done on himself in order for us to know what to work on in order to buy a house. He found out his ex wife had a dr bill she didnt pay for an used his name as the responsible person for that bill (even after they were divorced). Now this is on his credit report. We sent her a letter asking her to take care of this for her own credit sake and that we would call the Dr office get it straightened out and off my husband's credit report. Well since then she has told people that since we sent her that letter she is getting a warrant for us for harrassment. But we didnt send a bad letter or harrassing letter just simply a letter asking will you pay this 100 so it will be taken care of .. Can she get a warrant for that? is that harrassment because it surely wasnt meant to be and that was not any intentions. We just want to get our credit straightened up to get a house of our own.
She is attempting to intimidate you. If one has a criminal complaint, they talk to the police not to "people." No, contacting someone for a legitimate purpose is not harrassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">