• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle access during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lady_Chipper

What is the name of your state? pa

During a court hearing, the judge ordered that I have access to one of the marital vehicles until the divorce was finalized or other arrangements were established. The vehicle is in my husbands name. He refuses to register it. Was pulled over in it yesterday and now it is sitting in a parking lot in the next town. I have no transportation. My lawyer is super busy and has not met with me since last July. I am getting a new lawyer but what can I do in the mean time. The court has not been notified that I am removing my lawyer from the case, nor, do I have a new lawyer yet. I had an initial appt. with an attorney today but could not go because I have no transportation. My husband is not poor, just me. He runs a business, that I own half of and worked at for many years, with sales of $700,000/year. He was given full access to that, and me nothing. Can I contact the judge myself for help? I believe the judge thought my husband wasn't a evil man.

B

buzzards27

You usually cannot have exparte (private) communicate with the Judge. An exception might be DV issues (but still let your lawyer do that).

Something is wrong with this picture. If there is $700,000 on the table your lawyer shouldn't be putting you off. Find a new attorney if you are not happy with the current one. Make sure you like the new one and divorce is their specilaty.

Seek out assistance from a crisis center if you cannot function day to day.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">