• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some guidance here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simsy

What is the name of your state? texas

We met 12 years ago and moved in together. We purchased a home and the title is in his name and my name (using his last name). We had checking accounts, car loans, phone bills and etc together. at the begining, he did ask several times to get married but i was gunshy (recently divorced from ex) and did not want to do this. 10 years later, the home is paid for, he has separate checking though I still use the orignal checking with both names.
We did separate 2 years ago (he moved out and left me), but then we decided to try to make things work. It did not work out but he now tells me that I need to pack my s__t and leave. That I don't own anything, he paid all the bills,etc!!! He also has said that he is going to put the home up for sale and I will be homeless! We did have the agreement that he paid the bills and my income was for all extras!
Can something tell me what I should or could do? Should I leave or stay?????:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">