• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrTazzz

What is the name of your state? CA

I recently recieved a parking ticket for an expired meter. It was on a Saturday. I seem to remember hearing from someone that metered parking is only in effect during weekdays before 6:00 PM. Is this correct?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrTazzz said:

I recently recieved a parking ticket for an expired meter. It was on a Saturday. I seem to remember hearing from someone that metered parking is only in effect during weekdays before 6:00 PM. Is this correct?

My response:

Parking ticket enforcement is actually governed by your county's Municipal Code. Since you didn't mention your county, I can't assist you.

However, if you would like to read about your subject, generally, then go to this link - -

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kinho/youare.swf

Good luck to you.

IAAL

HomeGuru

MrTazzz said:

**A: please post exactly what is posted on the signage in the area that you were parking in.

M

MrTazzz

I recieved the ticket in Long Beach, LA county. There was no signege in the area, just meters.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrTazzz said:
I recieved the ticket in Long Beach, LA county. There was no signege in the area, just meters.

My response:

I reviewed the Municipal codes for Long Beach. In turn, they referred me to the California Vehicle Code, section 22500, et seq. Those statutes merely allow for the various cities and counties to enact their own ordinances and municipal codes concerning parking. Long Beach has done so, pursuant to California Vehicle Code statutes.

Therefore, returning to the Long Beach municipal codes, it appears that Long Beach does not have any "free" parking days with the exception of specified federal holidays.

So, from what I was able to gather, Long Beach can cite you for non-payment of metered parking on any day of the week, including Saturdays and Sundays.

Pay the ticket.

IAAL

C

chalie

Weekends is different

As far as I know (by experience) weekdays, tickets don't start getting issued till 9 AM and I know only HOLIDAYS are exempt from meters but weekends, I believe same thing 9 AM tickets starts getting issued for expired meter. Just a tip, even if the damn thing is broken, DON'T PARK ON IT! If you really gotta park, park there for a minute because they also issue tickets on parking too long on a broken meter. (As I've said by e x p e r i e n c e) -From Cali

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">