• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MommaConnie

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have a 3 1/2 yo son that has not seen his father in over a year. I recieve CS by garnishment after a long teeth pullling contest.
He has no interest in him and does not see him (by his choice not mine). Is there any possible way for my husband to adopt?
If his father has shown no interest in him in a year does he still have chance? By the way, his fater lives in the next town.
I know that there are many Q's for this but please help.:confused:

haiku

in my state adoption was an easy procedure, especially because the father in my case was willing to give up.

my first step, being clueless was to call my court house, and they explained what forms I needed to have filled out. And how to go about informing my ex, and what he needed to do....

things become much more complicated if your ex does not want to give up his rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">