• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing in Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smilinface

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I am researching some information for my sister. She was married back in 1991 and within 2 years of this marriage he up and left her. She is now wanting to remarry and is told that she needs a copy of the Divorce Decree. Well, she has no idea where to find this man or even if he ever filed for the divorce. They were married in Charles Town, WV.

I have done a search on the internet looking for him but to no avail. How can she find out if she is divorced or not? She doesn't even know where he is or if he has remarried.

Can she file some sort of Legal Notice in her state and in WV stating she is looking for him. How does that work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">