• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protection from tax evasion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kelly lekwa

What is the name of your state? arkansas-- I am seriously been dating a man and recently found out he has never paid federal or state income taxes. We have talked marriage but I am concerned about what steps need to be taken to help him go legit and what liability would I have if we were to marry

HomeGuru

kelly lekwa said:
What is the name of your state? arkansas-- I am seriously been dating a man and recently found out he has never paid federal or state income taxes. We have talked marriage but I am concerned about what steps need to be taken to help him go legit and what liability would I have if we were to marry

**A: is he employed and getting a W-2?

K

kelly lekwa

he is not currently employed. He had a cabinet making shop, of which he did not pay taxes. He now does various cash jobs building furniture and other woodworking jobs. He does have assets. He is aware that he needs to go legit, but also wants to protect what he can. What steps should I take to protect my assets as I am a professional and am basically in shock at the magnitude of this problem.

abezon

Do not marry him under any circumstances until this is cleared up. He can contact a tax attorney and investigate whether the IRS has assessed taxes, how much it assessed, and to explore an offer in compromise. Until everything is cleared up & he has a written release from the IRS & state tax agencies saying he's paid up, do not mix your finances with his or marry him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">