• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kathybodie

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was hired from jul 2002 thru aug 2002 with the understanding
that I would not receive a 1099, due to their inability to pay me
what I was worth, at that time. However, I discovered 1 of the 2
partners was not very honest. I was let go after pointing out (with supporting documentation) that money was being misused.
I've heard today that my 1099 (that I wasn't going to receive) will
probably be incorrect.

What can I do?
Please help if you can.
Thank you:confused:

HomeGuru

kathybodie said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was hired from jul 2002 thru aug 2002 with the understanding
that I would not receive a 1099, due to their inability to pay me
what I was worth, at that time. However, I discovered 1 of the 2
partners was not very honest. I was let go after pointing out (with supporting documentation) that money was being misused.
I've heard today that my 1099 (that I wasn't going to receive) will
probably be incorrect.

What can I do?
Please help if you can.
Thank you:confused:

**A: when you get the 1099 and if it is incorect, then post back with the details.

K

kathybodie

1099 ?

State: Alabama

If you have a verbal agreement and 1 of the 2 owners will confirm
this agreement, should I accept a 1099?

HomeGuru

Re: 1099 ?

kathybodie said:
State: Alabama

If you have a verbal agreement and 1 of the 2 owners will confirm
this agreement, should I accept a 1099?

**A: I do not understand your question.

C

Caglitz

if there is any difference between the amount reported on the 1099 and the actual cash you received then simply report the correct amount and send the company a mandate to re-print a corrected 1099.

C

Crock2

According to the IRS you must report your income. Workin "under the table" does not exempt you from taxes. You may have had an agreement to work under the table, and now the person is sending you a 1099. If the amount they report on the 1099 is correct, there is nothing you can legally do. It was illegal in the first place not to report the income.

K

kathybodie

1099 reply

Thanks for your reply. However, I never stated that I was working under the table, or even refusing to report earned income. I was told that the company would take full responsibility for the taxes. I even requested that they cut me taxes, they refused. I was under the impression that your word was your bond. Without your word, you are nothing. I also was let go due to the fact that large sums of money was being ran through the account that I could not account for, which I reported. Unknown to me at the time, it was one of the owners, and a few good friends. This particular person has hurt my reputation, some what, but more importantly has hurt me. And now this. I try very hard to due the right thing, it's not always easy, but than again no one said it would be.

One last thing, I also believe that people should be held to their word.

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">