• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen prescription medications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jakefarakan

Utah - over a period of three months I stole prescription medications (lortab, soma, ultram, oxycontin) from a brother-in-law when we would visit. what are the possible consequences of this? is the theft made worse because the items taken were a controlled substance?

thanks

HomeGuru

jakefarakan said:
Utah - over a period of three months I stole prescription medications (lortab, soma, ultram, oxycontin) from a brother-in-law when we would visit. what are the possible consequences of this? is the theft made worse because the items taken were a controlled substance?

thanks

**A: of course. Compare theft of prescription drugs vs. a Harrry Potter book.

H

hmmbrdzz

Gee. That was nice to steal the BIL's pain meds. Why are you concerned with the consequences? Did your parents find out? Oxycontin -- if you're selling it or giving it away, you'll be in gobs of trouble. Why do you think you're in trouble?

hmmbrdzz

J

jakefarakan

stolen prescription druge

actually my parents do know, but that is beside the point, I am 32. I am asking about the legal consequences because there is a possibility that charges may be filed against me. none of the stolen meds were sold.

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: stolen prescription druge

jakefarakan said:
actually my parents do know, but that is beside the point, I am 32. I am asking about the legal consequences because there is a possibility that charges may be filed against me. none of the stolen meds were sold.
My response: I'm sorry. I thought you were probably around 15 or 16 yrs old to have been so senseless as to steal Rx drugs from a family's residence to include oxy. What are the circumstances of the "I may be charged". Has your BIL contacted you? Do you still have the drugs you stole? Did you admit to stealing them to him or the someone else?

hmmbrdzz

J

jakefarakan

I do not have any of the RX meds any longer, I did admit it to my BIL and others. I have been told that my BIL is considering pressing charges.

tx

H

hmmbrdzz

Well..... you could possibly face some trouble from this. I don't know what kind of charges or what might happen. Frankly, my best advice to you is this: If they come with a warrant, or if they want to question you, you need to keep your mouth totally shut and advise them you do not want to speak and that you want an attorney. Just don't talk to anyone anymore about any of this. And I mean nothing -- "nadda" -- to anyone except your attorney (if you are forced to get one).

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">