• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7th degree posession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

princessjko

What is the name of your state? New York

I was in the passangers seat of my car when my boyfriend was speeding, he was asked to get out of the car. Later I was too. The officer searched my car, and I was asked to empty my pockets and I was holding 4 vicoden. I was arrested & charged with 7th degree criminal posession of a controlled substance. I was never read my rights, and the officer told me to just bring a note from my Dr. stating that I was on medication for my back ( which I did). The meds wern't mine, but I am prescribed codeine. I have been going to court since November (it's February now) about this. My legal aid lawyer is an idiot and hasn't told me anything. I have never been arrested before, what am I looking at ? A fine? Prison time? (I doubt it, but hey, ya never know) What?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

princessjko said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I was in the passangers seat of my car when my boyfriend was speeding, he was asked to get out of the car. Later I was too. The officer searched my car, and I was asked to empty my pockets and I was holding 4 vicoden. I was arrested & charged with 7th degree criminal posession of a controlled substance. I was never read my rights, and the officer told me to just bring a note from my Dr. stating that I was on medication for my back ( which I did). The meds wern't mine, but I am prescribed codeine. I have been going to court since November (it's February now) about this. My legal aid lawyer is an idiot and hasn't told me anything. I have never been arrested before, what am I looking at ? A fine? Prison time? (I doubt it, but hey, ya never know) What?

**A: why are you calling your lawyer an idiot when you were the one arrested with drugs that you had no prescription for?

P

princessjko

I said that my lawyer is an idiot because he has never told me anything. He is never in his office, he is either at family court, or the court that I have to go to. I bring him in a note from my doctor, he loses it. He has NEVER returned my numerous phone calls. Even his secretary says that is bad at getting back to people. Is this what MY and everyother person in the county pays taxes for? For him to not do anything for me? I see the same ppl in court, every week. Every week it's the same thing, our wonderful legal aid lawyer isn't prepared and askes for another week, so I have to pay a babysitter, and drive 20 miles out of my way because he isn't prepared and loses evidence???
This is why I am posting on this board. I am looking for advice as to what the maximum penalty is for this charge.

stephenk

most likely you will be fined and given probation. you might also have to undergo drug testing to make sure you are clean.

For how long have you been taking codeine for your back pain?

HomeGuru

princessjko said:
I said that my lawyer is an idiot because he has never told me anything. He is never in his office, he is either at family court, or the court that I have to go to. I bring him in a note from my doctor, he loses it. He has NEVER returned my numerous phone calls. Even his secretary says that is bad at getting back to people. Is this what MY and everyother person in the county pays taxes for? For him to not do anything for me? I see the same ppl in court, every week. Every week it's the same thing, our wonderful legal aid lawyer isn't prepared and askes for another week, so I have to pay a babysitter, and drive 20 miles out of my way because he isn't prepared and loses evidence???
This is why I am posting on this board. I am looking for advice as to what the maximum penalty is for this charge.

**A: who are you trying to fool? You have not paid enough taxes to pay for a full time lawyer. Granted, this poor soul is busy and somewhat incompetent but you have a right to hire your own fee paid attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">