• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military quickie vegas marriage

• Thread starter montana_blondie
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

montana_blondie

What is the name of your state? montana
I was recently (last month) married in vegas to a man in the air force stationed in japan. i am over 21 and legal but i wasnt honest to him or on the marriage application about my true age. we were married and once he arrived back in japan to start the paperwork thru the military for me to move over with him his family in the states informed him they had a background check done and i lied about my age. are we still legally married in nevada? I reside in montana and he is in japan with the air force. he went to the legal office on base and he says they told him we are not married. does he need to have this marriage annulled? the nightmare doesnt end, i recently found out i am pregnant with his child. where do i go to find out what the rights of my unborn child are with the military. i am heartbroken and hate myself knowing this is all my doing for not being honest about my age. he is hurt and confused and will not contact me. help i am lost. anyone with any advise please contact me at [email protected]

stephenk

what age did you write on the marriage license and how old are you? Is the false age the one your fiance believed to be true before you got married?

Is he the one that wants out of the marriage?

M

montana_blondie

I was wrong I know this and I will forever hate myself for this awful thing I did. I was going to tell him the truth but I was afraid I wouldnt have a chance with him. When I fell in love with him he promised that no matter what he would love me forever and we would always be together. Seems its all changed now or I assume this since he wont answer my calls or emails begging him to contact me. I am 42 years young and I told him I was 27 . He believed at the time of our marriage that I was 27. He is 24. Oh my god what have I done? I love him with all of my heart and soul and now I am going to have his baby with or without him in my life.

stephenk

he may have grounds to annul the marriage or divorce you if annulment is not an option. Has he said he wants out of the marriage?

You must be one hot looking 42 year old to pass for 27. How long did you know each other before getting married?

M

montana_blondie

He hasnt come out and said he wants a divorce but he has gone to the legal dept of the Air Force in Japan and they told him we are not legally married because I was not honest about my age. As for his actions at the moment of not calling me or taking my calls or emails I take it that he wants to just pretend the marriage never happened. We didnt know each other a long time but we felt it was right. As for how young I look, yes I look young and no one has ever questioned my age before his parents did. What should I do?

stephenk

look in the yellow pages and consult with a family law attorney. some give free or low cost consultations. find out your options.

VeronicaGia

Likely what happened is because you lied on your marriage license application, it may not be considered a valid marriage.

Just a guess on my part.

usmcfamily

Your child has the right to coverage by military health insurance one he/she is born......also you will want to pursue child support matters. There are really no other "rights" as a military child whether you are married or not........
As to your marriage -- you perjured yourself on a legal document (the application for the license) and as such he likely has grounds to have the marriage declared as having never happened. You need to go talk to an attorney and find out how much your pregnancy will complicate that matter.......

M

montana_blondie

Even if this marriage is void doesnt he legally need to have it annulled? Will someone notify me that this marriage is over? How can I find out if I am still married or not if he wont contact me at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">