• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

california state taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bobbiep

What is the name of your state? California
My husband and I bought an investment home last year directly from the owner, who told us he was dying with cancer. We took the risk with no title insurance and after trying to refinance, found there were irs and state tax liens. I have been able to get the irs lien released due to the statue of limitations for collection having passed, but I cannot get the state to budge. I am trying to find this seller, which I cannot, and I believe he has probably died, but don't know how to prove that. If he has died, and I can find his death certificate, will california release his lien, and if not and I can't find any evidence of an estate or surviving beneficiaries, what can I do?

Bearing in mind, the state of california is extremely difficult to work with, makes the irs look like sunday school teachers!!

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">