• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adultry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sacmo

What is the name of your state? nj can anyone give me some insight on how the courts would view adultry in a divorce if a couple has been physically seperated (seperate residence), but not legally, for about 10 years if it can only be proven for about the last month??? also, how would that effect child custody???

B

Boxcarbill

sacmo said:
What is the name of your state? nj can anyone give me some insight on how the courts would view adultry in a divorce if a couple has been physically seperated (seperate residence), but not legally, for about 10 years if it can only be proven for about the last month??? also, how would that effect child custody???
A person may be an unfaithful spouse and, nevertheless, be a good parent. Fidelity goes to husband/wife relationship not to the parent/child relationship.

I cannot imagine a court giving a tinker's hoot about adultry beyond the extent of grounds if the state requires fault grounds. Judges tend to take the attitude where there is adultry on one side, there is usually adultry on the other side, whether it can be proven or not. A ten year separation and to believe that either party has remained faithful is ludicrious to say the least in the absence of impotent/frigidity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">