• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pandaro

What is the name of your state? Iowa-my husband filed for a divorce and he put his home address on the papers and has not lived here for 8 months. can he do this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Pandaro said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa-my husband filed for a divorce and he put his home address on the papers and has not lived here for 8 months. can he do this?

My response:

No!

Tell me where he is, and I'll personal break his writing hand!

Seriously though, there is a difference between "residence" and "domicile."

He may not have lived there for 8 months, but legally, the address may still be his official "residence". Domicile is merely where he puts his head down to sleep.

IAAL

P

Pandaro

to Im always liable

What happens than? I believe his attorney knows about this has not said anything. Can I do anything? I have not been served yet but the copies of the papers came to my house for him cause they think he lives here. This is how I know. It is also on the papers dept and property get divided equally and my husband said i could have the house and his attorney said they just do this on those papers. Is this correct? I am very worried! My husband just up and left 8 months ago and still supporting the house but I just get a small disability check-he left me in a pickle! Also have a 19 yr old at home goes to college. I have not been very good at all-with his emotional games. I wish I could talk to you personally.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: to Im always liable

Pandaro said:

"I wish I could talk to you personally."

===============================

My response:

You can. All you need to do is fly out to Los Angeles, pay me a $5,000 "retainer fee" and $275.00 per hour charged against that retainer, and we can "talk personally" all day long if you'd like.

IAAL

P

Pandaro

sorry

Sorry I don't have that kind of money-wish i did. Can you tell me what happens with this lie than?

VeronicaGia

Re: to Im always liable

Pandaro said:
What happens than? I believe his attorney knows about this has not said anything. Can I do anything? I have not been served yet but the copies of the papers came to my house for him cause they think he lives here. This is how I know. It is also on the papers dept and property get divided equally and my husband said i could have the house and his attorney said they just do this on those papers. Is this correct? I am very worried! My husband just up and left 8 months ago and still supporting the house but I just get a small disability check-he left me in a pickle! Also have a 19 yr old at home goes to college. I have not been very good at all-with his emotional games. I wish I could talk to you personally.
Did you open his mail? "copies of the papers came to my house for him cause they think he lives here. This is how I know."

IAAL answered your question, apparently it is no big deal. His name is still on the house, it could be perceived his legal residence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">