• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Port Gibson

What is the name of your state? mississippi

i was charged with possession with the intent to distribute cocaine, but was not caught with any drugs. when i received my discovery it was talking about the sale of cocaine. The only evidence they have are audio tapes. is this possible for them to charge me with possession with the intent to distribute if i was not caught with drugs on me.

JETX

Ignore Crappy. He is an ignorant forum troll who has no legal experience.

Port:
Your post answers your own question. Of course it is possible to charge you with 'possession with intent to distribute' since that is what they charged you with!!
Your real question is 'can you be CONVICTED on such a charge without possession' at the time. The answer to that is yes, in certain cases and conditions (for example, if they have sufficient evidence that you HAVE had possession with intent to distribute).

The only way to get an accurate answer to the conviction question is to have your attorney review ALL the facts of the case and see what they have against you.

If you don't have an attorney, I strongly suggest you get one.

N

Not Guilty

No drugs seized equals attempted possession with intent to distribute, unless possession constructive. For example co-conspirator stored drugs, you ordered sold. The bottom line is no drugs equals attempt nothing more,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">