• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property and divorce and abandament

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

camero94

property and divorce and abandoment

What is the name of your state? ga
my husband and i have been married 23 years. he has been living with another women for12 months now. he has not been involved with me or or our marriage ever since . together we own 15.2 acres of land with a 1800 sq. ft. home .the home is closed in and needs inside completion(drywall,HVAC, etc.)how can i sell without having his consent . if i divorce him can i legally sel half of my part to whom ever want to. can i divorce my husband thru the newspaper, divorce abandoment method, with us both being listed as owners on the property deed. i cant get an uncontested divorce because of property. does the same apply if i were to go thru the newspapers concerning the property.

Last edited:

stephenk

you cant just sell the property without his consent. He will be needed to sign off on the sale.

if you are intending to divorce him, go ahead. The property will be listed as a community asset and both of you can figure out what to do with it - sell it , one or the other buy out the other of their interest, rent it and split the rent, etc.

Dont know what you are talking about regarding newspaper notice.

If you know where your hubby is living, you are required to give the proper notice under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">