• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saabcpt

State of IL.
I have recently been divorced from my husband of three years. I live in MO and he lives in IL. (if that matters) In our divorce, he is responsible for the house and half of a credit account. He has rented out the house, before the divorce was filed or filialized(without my consent or permission, contract for deed) and these people have not paid the note on time for numerous months. I recieve calls from creditiors almost everyday wondering about a payment. The divorse was just finalized one month a go, but this is messing up my credit rating. In the divorse agreement, it said something about a quick clam deed, is this something that will get my name of this loan? Also, he is not paying his half of the credit account(nothing at all) does this have any presodence? I'm not looking to be a bitch, I just want my credit rating clean. What can I do? Cna I take him back to court? Is he incontemnt of court? anything? I need help, someone please help me.
Thank You:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A Quit claim deed will only take your name off the title - it won't take your name off the loan. The only way to do that is for him to refinance in his name only. In the meantime you are still responsible for making sure the payments are made - even if you have to pay them and then sue him for reimbursement. (that includes any credit accounts that your name is on)

Since he is obligated under the decree to do these various things and he's not - you can petition the court to find him in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">