• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possesion charges in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skimmy

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I am curious to know for a first time offender of possession of cocaine and .50 grams of marijuana what do you think the punishment will be? Please let me know right away what advice/thoughts you have.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

skimmy said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I am curious to know for a first time offender of possession of cocaine and .50 grams of marijuana what do you think the punishment will be? Please let me know right away what advice/thoughts you have.

My response:

Perhaps, "first time offender", but certainly not a "first time" abuser.

I would think, since this is North Carolina we're talking about, the punishment should be "firing squad."

IAAL

HomeGuru

Correction, under the NC Revised Codes it would be death by firing squad in accordance with the 2 strikes you're out "Just Say Blow" drug laws.

H

hmmbrdzz

How much cocaine? Penalties vary for type, amount, and whether or not it’s intended for sale. Cocaine is a schedule II; Marijuana is a schedule I. In NC if you get popped with a first time felony charge, you can get sentenced up to a year (maybe spent 90 days in jail), you can get fined about 1000.00. If you wind up in jail down here, you'll think (and possibly wish) you were in front of the firing squad.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">