• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex is an inmate now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sprintman41d

What is the name of your state? michigan
my girlfriend is married but seperated to a man who has convicted of molesting her two girls. she wants a divorce but doesn't feel as though she should have to pay for it. $1,000 retainer is alot of money to her. what can she do if anything.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sprintman41d said:

"she wants a divorce but doesn't feel as though she should have to pay for it. $1,000 retainer is alot of money to her. what can she do if anything."

==========================

My response:

If it's her marriage, then whom does she think should pay for the dissolution?

She could always buy a book on the subject and do it herself, but, with 2 children, I wouldn't suggest "self help."

IAAL

stephenk

"$1,000 retainer is alot of money to her."

I suggest she start saving her money. Why wasn't she saving money to divorce the jerk once she knew he was molesting her kids? That should have been her first priority right behind making sure he was sent to jail.

Last edited:
O

oregonmom13

ex is an imate now

[email protected]

dose your state have what is known as legal aid it is a law firm that helps in all types of matters at a low rate to low income familys and she should be able to get help that way and she can make it to were he can not contest it because of what happened to the kids she would be able to get it to where he has no rights what so ever to the kids. email me any time

B

Boxcarbill

sprintman41d said:
my girlfriend is married but seperated to a man who has convicted of molesting her two girls. she wants a divorce but doesn't feel as though she should have to pay for it. $1,000 retainer is alot of money to her. what can she do if anything.
This "man who has been convicted of molesting her two girls," is he the father of either of the two girls? What specifically that I am asking, were any children born or adopted of the marriage? There is obviously no property. If there were also no children of the marriage, she could do-it-yourself or it would be a whole lot cheaper in attorney's fees to get one to represent her.

A

amc822

Pro bono legal help is easier to get when there is abuse involved. Start with Legal Aid, if they can't help you ask for referrals. University of Michigan Law School may be able to offer assistance or guidance also.

Z

zappy

We missed this one......

The Poster is just as POOR as she is.......Wow 2 poor people and a hubby that abuses the kids.

YO YO YO sprintman, what about YOU paying the legal fees if you love her so much?

How about getting a second job? or what about her getting a job?

Millions of people everyday, work full time jobs on different shifts so they have minimal child care costs...YOU CAN TOO!!!!

=========================

sprintman41d said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">