• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shaysgal

What is the name of your state?
Wisconsin
My husband has been in a Colorado prison for the last year. We have been seperated since 2000. I would like to file a divorce the fastest most inexpensive way I can. We have a daughter, there is no property or belongings to divide, what do you reccommend?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shaysgal said:
What is the name of your state?
Wisconsin
My husband has been in a Colorado prison for the last year. We have been seperated since 2000. I would like to file a divorce the fastest most inexpensive way I can. We have a daughter, there is no property or belongings to divide, what do you reccommend?

What do you mean by "what do you recommend"?

You want a divorce?

Get a divorce.

That's what I recommend.

And, what's the rush with needing a "fast" divorce?

Is he going somewhere?

IAAL

M

MaggieK

Yours is a no fault divorce state. You may file your divorce pro se, yourself. Call your local clerk of court in the county you reside for more information or look up paralegals in your area. Then if and only if you do not get the answers you are looking for, call an attorney for a free consultation.

B

Boxcarbill

MaggieK said:
Yours is a no fault divorce state. You may file your divorce pro se, yourself. Call your local clerk of court in the county you reside for more information or look up paralegals in your area. Then if and only if you do not get the answers you are looking for, call an attorney for a free consultation.
She can represent herself even if the state were not a no fault state. One has the right to represent themselves in any action. Of course, the judge has a right to expect that the rules of procedure and evidence will be followed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">