• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need this done QUICK!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DZC

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am in the military and am to be deployed within the next 30 days. I have been separated from my spouse for 4 years and have filed my divorce papers more than eight months ago. I have gone through mediation, and have had the final hearing post-poned twice because of my spouse (soon to be ex). I have retained a lawyer's services, but he doesn't seem to be moving this along very quickly. The final hearing was set for Jan. 29th, but my ex went into surgery and postponed it. Now my lawyer is saying that there will be no final hearing available until June. I need to have this finalized before I leave because I have a fiance who is 8 months pregnant with my child, and we have been wanting to get married for over two years now.

Is there any way that I can have this divorce finalized in time to be able to marry my fiance and leave for over-seas?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DZC said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I am in the military and am to be deployed within the next 30 days. I have been separated from my spouse for 4 years and have filed my divorce papers more than eight months ago. I have gone through mediation, and have had the final hearing post-poned twice because of my spouse (soon to be ex). I have retained a lawyer's services, but he doesn't seem to be moving this along very quickly. The final hearing was set for Jan. 29th, but my ex went into surgery and postponed it. Now my lawyer is saying that there will be no final hearing available until June. I need to have this finalized before I leave because I have a fiance who is 8 months pregnant with my child, and we have been wanting to get married for over two years now.

Is there any way that I can have this divorce finalized in time to be able to marry my fiance and leave for over-seas?

My response:

Tell your attorney you want him to file an "Ex Parte Motion to Shorten Time and for Hearing on Dissolution". This is an emergency hearing based upon your impending service duty.

Then, after this is all over, and when you're over there, I want you to remember - - the reason you're there is to protect IAAL. Repeat after me - - "I will always protect IAAL." You will remember this when you're there, each and every day and night. You will not forget this mantra. You WILL think of me, and promise, each day, to protect me, IAAL.

I also want you to write your promise of protection, in the sand, each and every day - - "I promise to protect IAAL. I will kill for IAAL. I will be a hero for IAAL".

Also, remember that the Iraqis surrender real easy. They are worse than the Italians during WWII. They are nothing but a bunch of towelheaded chickens.

Okay - - what's your mantra? What are you supposed to do?

That's right. "I will protect IAAL."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">