• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separated only after 6 months of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monroebuck

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My wife and I were married in the summer of 1988 in Jackson Co Missouri. After 6 months, we separated and have lived apart ever since this time. We do have a child from this marriage, and child support is being taken care of through the Division of Child Support Enforcement. There is no property involved with this marriage and we have no bills together. We have been apart for 13 years. Are there any MO statutes that apply to the dissolution of this marriage (outside of filing for divorce).

Thank you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monroebuck said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

My wife and I were married in the summer of 1988 in Jackson Co Missouri. After 6 months, we separated and have lived apart ever since this time. We do have a child from this marriage, and child support is being taken care of through the Division of Child Support Enforcement. There is no property involved with this marriage and we have no bills together. We have been apart for 13 years. Are there any MO statutes that apply to the dissolution of this marriage (outside of filing for divorce).

Thank you!

My response:

No. You are required to file for divorce. There's no magic wand or anything "outside" of court that can accomplish what you need.

IAAL

J

julie4796

Why the delay in filing?? Did you think that the marriage would just go away??
Just file and get it over with

stephenk

Cmon, you saw how much work they put in their marriage before separating. How much effort do you think they will put in getting a divorce?

M

monroebuck

I thought that this was question and answer forum, not an opinion forum. The criteria to post was "keep it brief (like my marriage) and to the point". And opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one, some are just dumber than others!!??!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monroebuck said:

"And opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one, some are just dumber than others!!??!!"

================================

My response:

Yes, you're right.

But, wasn't it you that said - -

"My wife and I were married in the summer of 1988 in Jackson Co Missouri. After 6 months, we separated and have lived apart ever since this time."

So, since we have law degrees, and with that "history", I have to believe that you're a hell of a lot "dumber" than we are!

I mean, just how dumb was that?

IAAL

M

monroebuck

I understand that some of you may have law degrees, that is why I utilized this free service beforehand. To at least be informed of what I needed to do and get headed in the right direction. I did find valuable information elsewhere regarding my particular situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">