• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zyra

What is the name of your state? VA

My husband and I are separating. We have one daughter between us. The kids and I are moving to FL. What percentage of his monthly check will go to child support; is there a set percentage like most states have? Also, can I get him to pay alimony since I have no job or home bec he's the one that wants us to leave.

Thank you.

J

Jeffrey2003

zyra

Sorry to hear about your separation. I'm getting ready to separate myself from my spouse so I can relate.

Check other websites such as milleniumdivorce.com, divorceonline.com, firmncp.com, etc. for details on your states laws.

Obviously go see a family/domestic relations attorney immediately! Do not move to FL with your daughter until you consult with a good attorney!!!! Even if your spouse says its okay for you to take her to FL, that could backfire on you BIGTIME!

I'm not an attorney and I'm not familiar with the laws in VA. Spousal Support will most likely be ordered for you. The amount and duration depends on length of marriage, earning potential, etc. The amount is usually based on a % of his net income. It can vary from county to county and even judge to judge.

Z

zyra

Thanks for the advice. I never thought that taking her would be a problem since as you said, my husband says he has no problem w/ it but indeed I know it can back fire bec people change and do things that we never expect in these situations.

Also, that's for the websites, I'll check them out ASAP !

I hope your separation goes better than mine seems to be going...good luck !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">