• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong place at the wrong time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carmenwm

What is the name of your state? md
my son was visiting someone in another county while that home was under investigation for dealing drugs for awhile.the bust went down and everyone was arrested and my son is in jail charged with everything the homeowner is charged with because the homeowner is claiming the drugs were my sons .my son just got to the house the day before. now the homeowner is trying to get my son to claim some of the drugs .my son has never been in any trouble prior to this and we dont have money to pay these very expensive lawyers.he is afrid of a public defender .he is an african american in a very conservative county and we feel the absolute worst could happen.

HomeGuru

carmenwm said:
What is the name of your state? md
my son was visiting someone in another county while that home was under investigation for dealing drugs for awhile.the bust went down and everyone was arrested and my son is in jail charged with everything the homeowner is charged with because the homeowner is claiming the drugs were my sons .my son just got to the house the day before. now the homeowner is trying to get my son to claim some of the drugs .my son has never been in any trouble prior to this and we dont have money to pay these very expensive lawyers.he is afrid of a public defender .he is an african american in a very conservative county and we feel the absolute worst could happen.

**A: thank you for your post.

C

carmenwm

concerned mom

Son of Slam said:
Was your son buying the drugs from, or selling the drugs to, the home owner?
no ,he was there to get away until things cool down with his girlfriend. he is a hard working man who supports his home and family

C

carmenwm

scared to death

zappy said:
he is an african american in a very conservative county .........
==================

I can hear it now RACIST WHITE COPS.....

Come on your son was dealing drugs or you would take the approach that no one seems to take for him to find a loophole:

My son is a nigga, he is illiterate and stupid, we didnt raise him that way, he listens to that garbage hip hop and rap music and spews 4 letters words.

So please have mercy on my low life son.
you are the reason i am afraid . so many like you generalize .

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: scared to death

carmenwm said:
you are the reason i am afraid . so many like you generalize .
Hi carmenwm: There are some real live wires on this board who can get down and dirty. Just ignore the nigga comment if you can and anything that came after it.

Your son NEEDS a public defender if he cannot afford an attorney. He doesn't need to speak to anyone without an attorney. Do you know what he has been charged with or if he has a prior record?

hmmbrdzz

Z

zappy

] you are the reason i am afraid . so many like you generalize .
=================

Well GOOD Carmanwm ..... Then can your Black son..(I hate saying african-american...damn it you are an American get used to it!) speak proper english and can he hold a conversation without using EBONIXXX ?

And can your son convice a judge or jury he is a proud Black MAN and not a nigga?

That is what is important.

PS>>>>>This advice is worth a Million dollars to your son, if he speaks like Colin Powell, then chances are a judge or jury will buy the argument he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If NOT then instead of spending money on High priced lawyers maybe you should force him to enroll in English classes today, so by trial time he has a chance to win.

H

hmmbrdzz

By God, it happened, and the good advice was worth at least a million dollars.

hmmbrdzz

C

confused1111

zappy,
you and all other racists are the consequences of a great wrong doing during the days of the slave trade. because of that time now there are multitudes of people who generalize, discriminate, and hate. who are YOU to say that people are more likely to commit crimes based on their dialect of slang? do you think you're more intelligent than someone because of the words they chose to use? and what makes you think that chosing that form of slang for speech indicates that the speaker cannot speak proper English? I think you should kill two birds with one stone by listening to hieroglyphics the rap group and dell the funky homosapien (with an open mind, if you have one) and see the linguistic skill and poeticism involved with the music you bashed, hip hop. I think you'll find that these artists have a bigger vocabulary than you (but you must listen, instead of disregarding this as bs, which you probably will)

btw-these boards are a bunch of crap, I never got anything but rude assumptions to my questions. quit wasting time on this board and call a lawyer

Bravo8

Confused, you are wrong.

Zappy may be out-of-line with his comments, but racism does not exist as a left-over of the slave days. Racism exists because people are generally biased against those who are different. People are racist in countries where there were never black slaves.

I don't think Zappy was implying that those who speak certain slang are more likely to commit crimes. What he ws saying was that a court will look down upon someone who acts in certain way. In other words, clothes and language that are good for your friends on the street corner, is certainly inappropriate for the court room.

As an aside, while someone speaking "ebonics" may not be more likely to commit crimes, a large portion of criminals choose to speak in that manner. Criminal profiling works effectively, and race, mannerisms, dress, etc will always be a factor in that profiling, depending largely upon the demographics of your specific area.

Oh, and by the way, Rap is not music. :D

M

Mei-Mei

That whole 'nigga' comment was way out of line.....

Zappy you continue to astound me with your ignorant answers. It's like watching a train wreck or the Anna Nicole Smith show.:rolleyes:

M

Mei-Mei

So, in other words, racism is based not on the ignorance of some, but on the actions of others? In your worldview, racists has some sort of justification for their stupidity?:rolleyes:

I think you spoil what could be some intelligent answers with your apparent desire to make yourself seem 'smart' or 'hip' or 'hard-hitting.' Instead you seem damaged and cowardly.

Z

zappy

Hey...If i was on a jury, i would Expect to see a well educated black man on the stand to be beliveable.

And remember he is going to be dealing with the DA, lawyers and the legal system, and everyone has a good amount of education behind them.

So if he speaks Ebonnixx, he is not going to be believed.

So my original advice was: instead of paying for expensive lawyers, maybe her son should be in intensive remedial english classes TODAY.

I still think that is the best way to keep him out of jail.

C

confused1111

bravo, you are wrong.

you may think that the slave trade had nothing to do with racism in america, but it had everything to do with. true, people are racist for completely other reasons, but slavery was a huge factor because it cause generations to be raised thinking they are supperior to another race. the reason for the generalizing wasnt even supposed to be an issue here.

and Im only sorry for you on your opinion of rap. that's just ignorance. you probably have no sense if rythmn

D

DRN

Well, how can anyone argue with advice from a DJ? After all, it's only a flip side away from JD. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">