• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Husband Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christian01

What is the name of your state? Kansas. I am seeing a woman that is not yet divorced. Her husband knows she is seeing me. Can he claim that I am a threat to their children and forbid her from allowing me around the kids as part of the divorce or even after the divorce?

Last edited:

B

Boxcarbill

Christian01 said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas. I am seeing a woman that is not yet divorced. Her husband knows she is seeing me. Can he claim that I am a threat to their children and forbid her from allowing me around the kids as part of the divorce or even after the divorce?
He can claim anything and people going through a divorce generally do throw everything that they can think of at the wall in hopes of making something stick. A Judge decides what sticks.

C

Christian01

What is a judge likely to consider with something like this? At the extreme, what if I am accused of being a pedophile? I assume that all a judge is going to consider is any kind of proof and when there is no proof to be offered, will dismiss the accusation. Would this be a fair assumption?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">