• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Janellel

What is the name of your state? Wa.
I have been in the process of divorce for almost 2 years. My husband continues to have me take all the debt, especially since he just declared bankruptcy. I dont work so how would I take all the debt? Seems to be the only way that he will sign off on the divorce. I owe my Attorney over $5000. and he really is not to helpful since I owe so much. I would like to know if I should go Pro se? We live in a community property state so wouldnt his Attorney have to be fair? Do I have to take all the debt since he went bankrupt? If so, should I get the things that are left, assets that I will be paying on? I cant declare bankruptcy since my parents put there home into my name for estate tax purposes..I know the creditors will put liens onto my home and I dont know how to avoid this. I cant get my name off the house and I cant sell it. I will owe over $100,000 in debt. My husband purposely stopped making any payments on our family home our bills and our autos..... now all that is coming back on me. It is finally in writing, the whole disolution and he wants me to take all the debt! What do I do? Pro Se?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">