• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse won't leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

own2feet

I live in NC and my spouse refuses to leave the residence. He has gone back and forth several times, saying he'll move out, but then changes his mind (for fear, I believe, of being charged with abandonment). What are my options? My children and I are staying with family, living out of a suitcase, while he lives by himself in a 3-bedroom house. It makes no sense, but I don't know what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance for any advice!! I don't know what legal options I have. I have not retained an attorney - neither of us have.

JETX

Sorry, but as long as his name is on the deed (or lease) he has equal right to remain on premises as you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">