• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce & child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kahuna123_2000

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My question is, my wife has neglected our 2 children for many years now..partying staying out late while I pay all the bills and watch the children when i am not working. I,m tired and want a divorce but every lawyer requires a 1500 - 3000 dollar retainer fee which i do not have. Is there a way I can do this on my own. File and go to court.

By the way her step son fondled my little daughter and she thinks my duaghter is lying. He got arrested and cannot come near the house. Now my daughter is really afraid of my wife and her family. I,ve spoken about divorce and told her lets just end this peacfully but she wants the house and kids just so she has something. Definiately will not consent without a fight.

please only sound advice, I know how you feel reading this..just imagine living it!

thanks
:(

B

Boxcarbill

kahuna123_2000 said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My question is, my wife has neglected our 2 children for many years now..partying staying out late while I pay all the bills and watch the children when i am not working. I,m tired and want a divorce but every lawyer requires a 1500 - 3000 dollar retainer fee which i do not have. Is there a way I can do this on my own. File and go to court.

By the way her step son fondled my little daughter and she thinks my duaghter is lying. He got arrested and cannot come near the house. Now my daughter is really afraid of my wife and her family. I,ve spoken about divorce and told her lets just end this peacfully but she wants the house and kids just so she has something. Definiately will not consent without a fight.

please only sound advice, I know how you feel reading this..just imagine living it!

thanks
:(
As divorce issues go, this is right up there with the most complicated. You have a right to represent yourself but I wouldn't advise you to do so--even if you were a licensed lawyer. That is as sound of advice as I can give you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">