• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incompetent attorney in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dweezer

My sister was granted a divorce in Polk County (TEXAS) Dec.15,2002. She has not received her divorce papers or any papers from her attorney for that matter. She paid a $2,000 retainer fee and never heard a word from her attorney except to show up in court on Dec. 15, 2002. She had been married for 4 years and owned her property, real estate, home, furnishings before she got married. She walked out of court in a daze - she had lost everything. She was told to move out of HER home, her ex husband of 4 years got everything. The judge ruled that her ex must pay her $500 a month until he pays $50,000 (or flees to Mexico first) by the 15th of every month. She has not received a penny from him. She has no money and had to move in with our parents. She has called her attorney (long distance-Huntsville,TX) 3 times concerning this. On her fourth phone call, she was able to speak to her attorney who proceeded to scream at her and tell her that he will get her papers to her when he gets them to her and she needs to realize that she is not his only client! I am pressuring her to file a grievance against this attorney for incompetence and appeal her divorce hearing due to his incompetence. I am contemplating a website to warn others NOT to use this attorney. How else can I get this message out to the general public to warn them about this inept attorney? By the way, this attorney told my sister that he does not have the knowledge to file a foreclosure due to non-payment on her ex and he would have to speak to another attorney to find out how to file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">