• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghspear

What is the name of your state? Illinois
We live in Illinois, the attorney we just saw is in Indiana, the case has been in Indiana. We were told since we live in Illinois and have had custody since 99, the mother has not paid support, has not seen the children in almost a year that I need to adopt my husbands 2 kids. What do we do, where do we go, this is all new. We were doing the custody and child support thing, not working. Indiana is doing nothing, the mother does not show up for court and still does not even get a warrent issued for her arrest. The best thing we can think of doing is going with what the attorney told us, let me adopt the kids, that they are considered Illinois residents now and then the mother can not do anything about it. Can we do this on our own? I guess alot of questions, but we need help. Thanks in advance for any information that can be given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">