• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SLara

What is the name of your state? il

My husban wants a divorce. He is claming that I have been unfaithful. This is not true. We have four children. He does not work. He stays home with the kids. I work full time. He wants to sell our home and take half of the money. He is not in the loan nor in the title. We had his brother co-sign on the loan with me. Can my husband take half of the house. I don't want to sell because I have no where else to go. I will not be able to afford another house in my town and my children do not want to leave their school. We also don't have alot saved. Can anyone give me some advise.

thanks

B

Brock Westfield

If he is not on the loan or on the title, then he has no case. As far as I'm concerned, IT'S YOUR HOUSE! I certainly hope you didn't cheat on him. Boy, that would really be a double whammy!! What makes him think that you have been unfaithful? BE HONEST!!! For the kids' sake, stay in the house!....As long as you didn't cheat!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">