• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pam43

Brother passed away three years ago no will, no spouse or children,mother named independent administrator. household furnishings mostly went to brother,sister, and mother, house sold a year ago. Have asked many times reason why not closed and where money is but told by mom and her attorney none of my business. Several items still not sold in mothers posession. Make matters worse other brother has passed away,no will but children, mother claiming now this brother did not pay for property she gave him from other estate. Please how do I get this matter closed. Can she give away estate property without getting paid or without any proof he even owes her,shouldn't she be liable for missing property with no receipts of sell.

Thanks
Pam
Pam43@netins .net

T

Tim from Texas

Suing your mother is not an attractive alternative. Was you brother's estate big? Are you sure you have any right to inherit anything from him? In my state if there are no children and no spouse the parents get everything. What they do with the stuffis their business. They don't have to give any of it to siblings, and if they do, they don't have to divide it equally. Just as if parents dies they can leave a will giving everything to on kid, ot the local charity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">