• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IslaToni

What is the name of your state? California

Filed for divorce 3/5/02. Have a 14 yr. old daughter between us. Since the separation on 2/13/02 daughter has lived with me. we are still no where in the court system. two weeks ago my daughter decided she wanted to go live with soon-to-be-ex for a while. osc hearing for temporary support and visitation is 4/8/03. "if" my daughter does not come back to live with me before that date, will I be responsible of paying my "stbe" child support. Will the courts award him 100% physical custody or make it 50/50?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

IslaToni said:
What is the name of your state? California

Filed for divorce 3/5/02. Have a 14 yr. old daughter between us. Since the separation on 2/13/02 daughter has lived with me. we are still no where in the court system. two weeks ago my daughter decided she wanted to go live with soon-to-be-ex for a while. osc hearing for temporary support and visitation is 4/8/03. "if" my daughter does not come back to live with me before that date, will I be responsible of paying my "stbe" child support. Will the courts award him 100% physical custody or make it 50/50?

My response:

Is this a money "thing" or a concern for the best interests of your daughter "thing"?

IAAL

I

IslaToni

Actually, best interest of the child. I dicipline her, give her responsibilities around the house, i.e. taking care of her cats, emptying the dishwasher when it needs it...little things like this. Her father is waiting on her hand and foot, bringing her this and that upon command, buying her things that I cannot buy her and therefore, I believe that she will grow up not knowing how to take on any responsibilities in the world. Plus, of course, there's always the "mother's intuition" thing regarding boys, saying she'll be somewhere and go somewhere else, etc. I think that I'm just more sensitive to these things and I want to be able to give her the proper guidance. Plus, I KNOW that I actually give her the "emotional" love that she needs and wants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">