• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is his name legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sharksgoplyoff

What is the name of your state? California
My husband was always told by his mother that his stepfather had adopted him as a young boy he has used the stepfathers last name since he was three years old. now his mother says that he was never legally adopted and his birth certificate has a different name than his social security card and drivers license. Is his name legally his? and now is my name legal since I married him what about my kids?
Can he get a passport? Help

Son of Slam

sharksgoplyoff said:
What is the name of your state? California
My husband was always told by his mother that his stepfather had adopted him as a young boy he has used the stepfathers last name since he was three years old. now his mother says that he was never legally adopted and his birth certificate has a different name than his social security card and drivers license. Is his name legally his? and now is my name legal since I married him what about my kids?
Can he get a passport? Help

Things like this can be real sticky. You may have to give up your kids and devorce your husband. Your name should be ok though as soon as you get it changed on your drivers licence, and fill out a paper for SS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">