• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL or Boxcar-Vacate Premises

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI

He filed for divorce on June 11, 2002, moved out the last week in July. Today I get in the mail a Petition for exclusive use of the marital residence. What? How can he do this? What do I do? All my attorney suggested to me to do is to meet him at the court house 15 minutes early. Nothing else on my legal rights.

vrzirn

Your husband is jerking your chain. Stay put, calm down and meet your attorney 15 minutes early.

kidoday

Ok explain how he is jerking my chain when I have to appear in court Next Friday morning regarding this petition? He is asking that I vacate the premises with this petition? I don't know how you can ask me to stay calm.

vrzirn

He can ask for lots of things he won't get. That petition does not mean you call the moving company this minute. The judge will hear the petition and either grant it or deny it.
You do not say what are the circumstances of your divorce or what is your financial situation so, right now, all you do is wait.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">