• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search of car found prescrip pills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

0ptimus

What is the name of your state? FL

My girlfriend got arrested about 2 weeks ago. The cop pulled her over for not having the sticker on her license plate. Someone took it off her car. The officer said that she smelled marijuana in the car. So she searched the car and found some Marijuana paraphernalia and 4 xanax pills. Pills aren't hers, the pipe was. She told me that they are only charging her with the pills. The officer found the pills under her passenger seat. She has no criminal record. She is worried about probation and maybe jail time.

Should she fight this? Is it worth getting the probation or should she get a PD? And if she does get probation, can she move out of county but stay in the same state? Thanks!

HomeGuru

0ptimus said:
What is the name of your state? FL

My girlfriend got arrested about 2 weeks ago. The cop pulled her over for not having the sticker on her license plate. Someone took it off her car. The officer said that she smelled marijuana in the car. So she searched the car and found some Marijuana paraphernalia and 4 xanax pills. Pills aren't hers, the pipe was. She told me that they are only charging her with the pills. The officer found the pills under her passenger seat. She has no criminal record. She is worried about probation and maybe jail time.

Should she fight this? Is it worth getting the probation or should she get a PD? And if she does get probation, can she move out of county but stay in the same state? Thanks!

**A: whose pills were those and did the person have a prescription?

0ptimus

She knows who they might be, but they don't have a prescription for them either. I don't think anyways.

Anyone know what type of consequences she could face? Is it worth fighting? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">