• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sim

Is there a website where I can quickly create a will for free? A paralegal told me there are some, but I searched the web and couldn't come up with any.

N

Non-Practicing Attorney

IT IS ALWAYS DANGEROUS TO USE A FORM AND TRY TO ANYTHING "LEGAL" ON A DO IT YOURSELF BASIS, BUT THIS IS A GUIDE AND OFFERED "AS IS WITH ALL FAULTS"!!!! ALSO MAKE SURE YOU GET ANY WILL PROPERLY WITNESSED BY 3 ADULTS WHO ARE NOT BENEFICIARIES AND ACTUALLY SEE YOU SIGN THE WILL IN THEIR PRESENCE!

WILL OF [Full Name of Person Making the Will]

I, [Full Name of Person Making the Will], a resident of [City, State], hereby make this Will and revoke all prior Wills and Codicils.

1. PERSONAL INFORMATION:
a. I was born on [Date of Birth] in [Place of Birth]
b. I am married to [Name of Spouse], who I will refer to as "my spouse". We were married on [Date of Marriage] in [Place of Marriage]. IF SEPARATED ADD We have been separated since [Date or Year of Separation, and if by court order or agreement, state that].
OR IF NEVER MARRIED
b. I am not married and I have never been married.
OR, IF PREVIOUSLY MARRIED
b. I am not currently married but I was previously married to [Name of Last Spouse in YEAR OF MARRIAGE ] and the marriage ended by [STATE WHICH Death, Divorce, or Annulment] in [Year].

c. I have ____ NUMBER OR WORD "NO" living children. IF YOU DO HAVE LIVING CHILDREN LIST NAMES AND BIRTH DATES OF ALL CHILDREN, NATURAL OR ADOPTED. IF ANY OF YOUR CHLDREN HAVE DIED AND THEY LEFT CHILDREN GIVE THEIR NAMES AND NAMES OF THEIR LIVING CHILDREN

d. In the event am the sole survining parent of minor children, then I appoint _________________ to serve as their Guardian. If s/he is unable or unwilling to serve, I appoint ____________________ as Alternate Guardian.

2. BENEFICIARIES: I give my property to the following persons:
All to my spouse.
or
One-half (or other percentage) to my spouse and the balance to ____________
or
All to my children, equally, and their issue, per stirpes.
Or
To NAME BENEFICARY(IES) AND PERCENTAGES

If any beneficiary under this Will does not survive me by 30 days, then I shall be deemed to have survived such person.

3. PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE OR EXECUTOR: I appoint ________________ as Executor of my Will, and if s/he is unable or unwilling to serve, then I name _________________ as alternate Executor. My Executor and alternate shall have all powers granted by applicable laws of my state to carry out all provisions of this Will, may use provisions and procedures for the simplified handling of estates, may hold in trust the share of any minor beneficiary until s/he reaches age 18, and shall not be required to post a bond.

I, _________________ [Your Printed Name], hereby sign this Will at _______ [City and State] on this ______ day of ______________, 200_

_________________ [signature ]
_________________ [Your Typed Name]

WITNESSES

Each of us hereby states, under penalties of perjury, that on this _____ day of __________, 200_, at _______________________________________[Name of City, State] we observed ________________________ [Your Name] declare the above document to be his/her Will. S/he then asked us to serve as his/her witnesses and then signed the document in our presence. S/he appeared to be of sound mind and memory, and acting of his/her own free will, and not under any force or duress. We are now, immediately after s/he signed the Will, signing our names in his/her presence.

_________________ [Signature of Witness #1]
_________________ [Printed name of Witness #1]
_________________ [Address of Witness #1]

_________________ [Signature of Witness #2]
_________________ [Printed name of Witness #2]
_________________ [Address of Witness #2]

_________________ [Signature of Witness #3]
_________________ [Printed name of Witness #3]
_________________ [Address of Witness #3]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">