• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to divorce who u cant find??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizzii911

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My husband and I have been seperated for almost a year now. He has a very serious drug problem which caused him to run off with alot of our stuff and find himself in more legal trouble. His mother informed me he sobered up for a little while, however, now he is gone again and no one knows where...How do I go about getting a divorce and how long will it take if he cannot be located??

Thanks for any help..Liz

M

MaggieK

Yours is a No Fault state and you have met the requirement of separation for 6 months. To save money and time, call a paralegal for assistance. You should make a "deligent effort" to locate your spouse, if you do not locate him, have the divorce docs sent to his last known address, or the address of his mother. He need not respond in order for you to obtain a judgment for divorce. You do not say if children were born of the marriage. That would put CSE into play. Best of luck. This reply does not constitute legal advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">