• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what could happen? (pos. w/ intent to sell- school zone)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magpieb4u

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Several months ago my boyfriend was arrested for posession with intent to sell in a school. He was found w/ 8 grams of cocaine in his posession (not intending to sell it, but use it for personal use along with several others) and it just happened to be within however many meters of a school zone.
He had stopped his car to urinate in an alleyway and was approached by several officers. He willingly allowed the officers to search his car- including the trunk, and cooperated with all their requests. Then, an officer reached into his pocket- without permission- and retreived the drugs. The officers claim that he threw the drugs out of his pocket without provocation- it is unfortunately his word against theirs.
There were others with him in the car who were not charged, and will not testify, because they are actually drug dealers and don't care about him. He cannot testify against them because they have threatened him at gunpoint and made it clear that he will be in great danger if he does so. He believes this threat is very real and that he will die if he turns them in.
He has no prior arrests and has not touched drugs since the date of the incident.
The case is going to trial in a couple of weeks, and I was just wondering realistically what I can expect to happen. Is there any chance he could get off? If not what are the best/worst case scenarios in terms of sentencing?
Please, someone let me know!!!!

stephenk

i doubt he will get off. he is facing serious jail time because of those specific charges. Nothing in your post suggests any avenue of escape.

since he gave the officers permission to search, he is also included in the search. Why was he carrying all of the drugs AND urinating in an alley? What time of night did this happen?

Son of Slam

magpieb4u said:
.... He was found w/ 8 grams of cocaine in his posession (not intending to sell it, but use it for personal use along with several others) ......
Nice confession. Did he tell this to the police?

M

magpieb4u

No, he didn't say anything to the police- I was just stating that in fact he wasn't intending to sell it, but he didn't incriminate himself in any way.

L

loocpoc

The amount of narcotics is probably why he was charged with intent to sell. Because he was in a drug free zone (school) the penalty will be higher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">