• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting a Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A Sizemore

One of my aunts passed away three weeks ago leaving an estate over $1 million to one of my cousins.

When my aunt and uncle first made their will they had it set-up dividing their total estate between me and my seven cousins (including the cousin that my aunt left everything to)

Unfortunatly, my uncled passed away ten years ago. I did obtain a copy of his will from the courthouse and it listed me and my seven cousins as heirs to their estate.

Over the course of the last two years, my cousins and I feel that my aunt was coerced into leaving everthing to the cousin that my aunt left everything to.

Since all of my cousins and I were in the original will (all of our names were listed) of my aunt and uncle, do my cousins and I have a chance of sucessfully contesting the will?

B

Bea R

Will contests are VERY VERY hard to win. And expensive to litigate. You'd have to prove FRAUD, or DURESS or UNDUE influence was at play, or that your aunt was mentally incompetent -- and that's hard to do.

That said, I don't know the facts but it sounds suspicious. Ask a lawyer who does Wills and Trusts for an opinion.

C

chantelle

Email me at: [email protected]

If you want a website explaining how you can have access to one of the top AV rated law firms in your state....

AND save 25% on everything , some services are even FREE

I am not talking about the legal 'pretender' defender system (legal aid)

I am talking about Top AV rated law firms nationwide..

Email me for info and the website...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">