• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still wondering what we are entitled to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bewildered

Sorry to say my Aunt would never give me the name of the bank in fear I would find out how much there really is left. Not to mention the fact that I was not even supposed to know about the 3 accounts. I do know I have to go to the surrogate courts to find a copy of the will if it was indeed filed. As for the beneficuary... as I said all three were named (My father, his brother, and their sister). And that being the case my question to you is if there were no power of attorney and it was left equally to the three, one part being left to my father; would my sister and I be entitled to his share of the inheretance because of his death, if not stated otherwise in the will. (ie... the other two siblings or parties would take his inheretance) Does a inhertance go to the next living relative of the named party in the will if the party is deceased...his children?

M

Marcia M

You'll need to speak to a lawyer in your state and spend the money. Can't offer any more free advice. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">