• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I can't find her!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff

My father just passed away and on life insurance policey he named my two sister and
I plus his second wife as beneficiuaries. The problem is that he maried this lady in 1964 and they were only maried for two years. We have hear that she married at least twice sence then. Also heard that she has passed away and she was at least 15 years older theam my father. So that would make her 79 if she was still alive. Some how we must come up with a certified death certificate to receive the other 25% of the money. We have no other information on her. No one seams to know any thing more about her. Can anyone give me some information where to start. We have looked on the internet and at the library,no luck.

B

Blink

In many states there is a proceeding which allows a missing person to be declared presumed dead. This would have the same effect as a death certificate. If you have not already tried, you may also want to contact a private investigator to search all of the social security records and other sources for finding missing persons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">