• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Must We Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zyra

What is the name of your state? VA

what happens when one party does not want a divorce yet the other one does?

Z

zyra

So even if one party wants to try and work through it, a divorce is still granted w/ out the others consent?

Z

zyra

Jeez ! and they wonder why the divorce rate is so unbelievably high !! I think they should make the couples go to counseling like they do prior to marriage.

C

cyana

In a very few states...

you can opt for delay by some sort of "quasi- mandatory court ordered" pre-divorce counseling; however, this is only delaying the inevitable if one party wants out. I know - I wish all states had court ordered "marriage counseling" also before granting a divorce. I may be blasted/flamed but I think it's just too damned easy to get a divorce if spouse wants out and the other doesn't.

Z

zyra

Must We Divorce

I absolutly agree w/ you !! The courts ought to come up w / systems to help the marriages stay together bec there is just so much at stake and to lose. In most cases there are also children involved that will be affected forever... it really is a shame.

J

Jeffrey2003

???

Can't the party disagree on the grounds even in a no-fault state? In other words, if one files on grounds of incompatibility, the other side can answer that they disagree, and then it gets messy?? Isn't that why its usually suggested to file on multiple grounds if possible?

B

Brock Westfield

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why divorce is so easy to achieve today-- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$THE COURT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$JUDGES$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$LAWYERS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">